Celebrities and notable personalities have expressed their support for the efforts of a Nigerian chef, Hilda Effiong Bassey also who made history after breaking the Guinness World Record for the “longest cooking marathon by an individual”.
Baci began who began her four-day ‘cook-a-thon’ competition on Thursday morning. May 11 at Amore Gardens in Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria surpassed the current Guinness World Record holder on Monday morning.
With such achievement she has broken the initial record of an Indian chef who made history in 2019 with 87 hours 45 minutes record uninterrupted cooking.
Her effort has attracted support from notable personalities like, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu who made a surprise appearance at Amore Gardens in Lekki on Sunday afternoon to motivate and celebrate the young talented Lagos-based chef.
Wife of the Labour Party presidential candidate in the recent 2023 election in Nigeria, Margret Brownson Usen Nancy Isime, Iyabo Ojo, Ruth Kadiri, Tonto Dikeh, Kiekie, Bisola, Allwell Ademola, Juliet Ibrahim, Nikki Laoye, Bimbo Ademoye, Sunmbo Adeoye, Teddy A and others also showed support for the cooking superstar on social media.
Interestingly, a congratulatory message has also come from the current title holder, Lata Tondon.
The chef won the maiden edition of the Jollof Face-off Competition in 2021, pocketing a grand prize of $5000.
The Guinness Book of Records is a reference book that contains human and natural world records.
It was first published in 1955 by the Guinness Brewery in Ireland and has since become one of the world’s most well-known and frequently read reference books.
Individuals or groups must submit proof to the Guinness World Records team and go through a verification process to qualify for a world record listing.
Apart from Baci, other Nigerians that have broken the Guinness World Records recently are:
1. Gbenga Ezekiel – Record for the most skips in a minute on one leg. (February 2023)
2. Divine Ikubor aka Rema – Record for ‘Calm Down’ as the first No.1 Hit on The Official MENA Chart, the world’s first regional streaming chart. (May 2023)
3. Bose Omolayo – The heaviest para power lift by a female in the -79 kg category with 144 kg (December 2021)
4. Chukwuebuka Ezugha and Victor Richard Kipo – The most consecutive football passes with the soles (team of two). (December 2021)
5. Folashade Oluwafemiayo – The heaviest power lift by a female in the -86 kg category with 152.5 kg (December 2021)
6. Chinonso Eche – The most football headers in a prone position in one minute, which is 23. (October 2021)
7. Vincent Okezie – The most consecutive backward handsprings with a football (soccer ball) between the legs. (March 2022)
8. Haruna Abdulazeez – The most American football touches with the feet in one minute (October 2020)
9. Peter Aho – Record for six wickets for five runs in 3.4 overs against Sierra Leone. (October 2021)
10. Bayo Omoboriowo – The largest photo book, which was measured at 60.84 m² (654 ft² 87 in²). (September 2021).