Joachim Low says Germany has lost “everything we’ve built” and deflected questions on his own future after their World Cup exit.

Germany were dumped out at the group stages by South Korea on an historic afternoon in Kazan, leaving Mexico and Sweden to progress out of Group F.

Low has guided Germany to at least the semi-finals of every tournament they have played in since he took over in 2006, including their World Cup triumph in 2014.

The 58-year-old said it was too soon to discuss whether he should be the man to lead Germany through Euro 2020 qualifying which starts later this year.

Germany had been accused of arrogance after a poor build-up to the World Cup, losing to Austria and scraping past Saudi Arabia before losing their first game of the tournament to Mexico on June 17.

They continued an unwelcome record in becoming the third world champions in succession to crash out in the group stages, following Italy in 2010 and Spain four years ago, but defended his side despite failing to beat a South Korea team who came into the game without a point, and having scored only once.