Fire has burnt part of a warehouse along Wempco Road, in the Ogba area of Lagos State.

The warehouse used in storing plastic crates, reportedly belongs to Guinness Nigeria Limited.

Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu who confirmed the accident said the immediate cause of the fire could not be ascertained.

He stated that emergency responders, including the LASEMA response team and officials of the state fire service, were on ground to salvage the situation.

In his words: “On arrival at the scene of the incident at 0430am, it was observed that a warehouse storing plastic crates which appears to belong to the Guinness Nigeria Limited and used to store plastic crates, had been burnt.

“The immediate cause of the fire could not be determined. However, the agency’s responders and LASG Fire Service officials are on ground to carry out a dampening exercise to forestall any spread or secondary incident.”