Forty people who lost their lives after the attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State last week Sunday will get mass burial Friday, June 17, 2022, Catholic Diocese of Ondo noted.

While many people sustained injuries from the inhumane massacre, at least 40 people died in the attack, the church confirmed.

Revealing the date of the mass burial on Monday, the Diocese’s Director of Social Communication, Rev. Fr. Augustine Ikwu, said the mass burial would take place at the church’s new cemetery at Emure Road, Owo, The Punch reports.

Wiith a close look at the number of figures of the deceased, he stated that the number of the deceased still remained 40. “The mass burial would take place at the new cemetery of the church on Friday in Owo,” he said.

As for the wounded persons, sources say the injured victims are still receiving treatment at the Federal Medical Centre and the St. Louis Catholic Hospital, both in Owo and some other private hospitals in the state.

Since the incident occurred, roumours have been circulating that some people have been cought. But reliable sources revealed that no one has been arrested in connection with the attack.

With so much concern, the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has declared a three-day mourning for the victims of the attack.

The governor, in a statement issued by the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Gbenga Omostoso, on Monday, directed that all flags should fly at half-mast as part of decision to mourn the victims at the Southern Governors’ meeting.