Buckingham Palace said on Friday that Queen Elizabeth II will make a rare special broadcast this weekend to Britain and the Commonwealth on the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, AFP reports that, “The televised address will be broadcast at 8 pm (1900 GMT) on Sunday 5th April 2020. The address was recorded at Windsor Castle,”
So far, the 93-year-old queen has made only three other special addresses during national crises in her 68-year reign and comes as Britain saw record day-on-day deaths in the last three days.
On the total number of people who people have tested positive as of 0800 GMT on Friday, 38,168 people have been recorded, including her eldest son and heir Prince Charles, and Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
According to the government, as of 1600 GMT on Thursday, deaths of confirmed hospital cases of the virus was 3,605 — 684 more than in the previous 24-hour period,.
On the health of the royals, officials have said they were in “good health” as the queen and her 98-year-old husband Prince Philip moved to Windsor Castle on March 19 as a precaution.
Concerning her message to the people on coronavirus spread, she released a statement on the same day, calling on everyone to play their part in tackling the virus, recalling previous community efforts at times of national crisis.