Talented Chelsea player Eden Hazard has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is leaving Chelsea this summer after revealing he told the club two weeks ago where he wants to play next season.
Real Madrid have been in talks with the Blues over signing Hazard for over a month although Standard Sport understands the La Liga club are growing frustrated about Chelsea’s refusal to lower the asking price.
It is understood Chelsea are asking for in excess of £100million for the Belgium international, even though he has just over a year left on his contract left to run at Stamford Bridge and has no interest in signing an extension.
Hazard, who confirmed back in October that playing for Real Madrid is his dream, is remaining patient while negotiations continue
Speaking after Chelsea’s 0-0 draw at Leicester earlier today, which is expected to be his last Premier League game for the club, Hazard said: “Yes I have made my decision (on his future) but it is not just about me.
“Would I have liked it to be cleared up earlier in the season? Yes, I wanted that but that’s not happened. I’m still waiting like you are waiting and the fans are waiting.”
Pressed by Standard Sport on whether he had told the club what decision he’d made and when such a meeting took place, he replied: “Yes. A couple of weeks ago.”
Chelsea finished as top London club in the Premier League and will be in the Champions League next term after securing third spot. They also have a Europa League Final against Arsenal on May 29 to look forward to.
When pressed if Chelsea getting in the Champions League has made him change his mind at all, he significantly said: “No. I don’t think so. I have made my decision, that’s it. I’m still waiting.
“When you are on the pitch, you try to be focused on the pitch with the ball. That’s it. When I am on the pitch I just try to do the best. I am not thinking about this and this, my situation or the club’s situation. I just try to win games.”
Source: Evening Standard