Deontay Wilder claims he has agreed to fight Anthony Joshua next in the UK, and says it is now up to the Briton’s camp to finalise the deal.

WBC champion Wilder took to social media on Monday night to announce to fans that he had agreed to travel to the UK to challenge WBA (Super), WBO and IBF title-holder Joshua to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

Wilder, who offered Joshua $50m to take the fight in the USA, says that offer is still on the table.

He tweeted: “BREAKING NEWS for all you Anthony Joshua fans… The $50m offer for him to fight me next in the US is still available.

Negotiations have been ongoing since Joshua beat Joseph Parker in March to add the WBO belt to his collection.

It had been thought that the Olympic gold medallist would meet Alexander Povetkin first in September but Wilder has now thrown down the gauntlet.

Jay Deas, Wilder’s trainer, told AP that fighting in the UK rather than the US would earn his fighter far less money, but that he was doing it for his “legacy”.