• By bassey
    In
    Jul 26, 2017
    0 Comments
    Pep Guardiola

    Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has said the club is "still looking" to add to their £200 million summer spending spree.

    City have been very active in the transfer market after splashing out a Premier League record total of £200m to bring Benjamin Mendy, Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker, Ederson, Danilo and Douglas Luiz to the Etihad.

    After being strongly linked with moves for Arsenal frontman Alexis Sanchez and Monaco teenage striker Mbappe it remains likely that they will continue their haul.

    Mbappe has been on City's radar throughout the summer, although there have been strong suggestions in Spain that Real have agreed a fee of £160 million for the 18-year-old.

    "They are Monaco and Arsenal players, so nothing to say," he said.

    But he did confirm that City were still looking at options in the market, albeit he was coy on whether another striker was on the agenda.

    "We have the two exceptional forwards in Gabriel (Jesus) and Sergio (Aguero)," he said. "We will see.

    “The market finishes on August 31, which is not good for the managers.

    “The competition (Premier League) starts on the 12th (of August) and the market is still open. That is not good for all the clubs.

    "We will see until the end of the transfer window."

    Mendy became City's latest signing earlier this week when the left-back arrived from Monaco in a £52 million deal.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    0 Comments

    CAPTCHA
    This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
    Image CAPTCHA
    Enter the characters shown in the image.
    Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture. Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.
  • Related Posts

  • Post Comment to Facebook