The World Health Organisation says it has taken measures to effectively respond to the recent outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Regional Director of WHO for Africa, Dr. Matshidiso Moeti, said in a statement in Abuja that the organisation would work with the UN and other partners to halt the spread of the disease.
She said that as at Sunday, 11 suspected cases, including three deaths, had been reported.
In another development, health experts say to reduce the incidents of maternal new born deaths in Nigeria, men must be encouraged to be involved in the health of their families.
They say male involvement have been visibly absent in the implementation of most maternal new born and child health interventions especially in northern Nigeria..