Non-Governmental Organisations with the support of Canada Fund For Local Initiatives will be holding a strategic meeting on ending forced/child ‘marriage’ in Nigeria.
This is scheduled to mark for November 25 as part of activities to mark the International Day To End Violence Against Women/Girls.
The meeting is organised by partners; Africa Campaign To End Child ‘Marriage’; Africa Development Information (Afri-Dev.Info); and Africa MNCH Coalition.
The meeting holding at the Nicon (Luxury) Hotels Abuja will focus on how this negative practice affecting estimated 43% of girls/women in Nigeria impacts on Sustainable Development in the context of amongst others:
• Constitutional Rights
• Health of Women, Girls & Children
• Human Development, Especially Education
• Human Rights
• Gender Based Inequality
• Gender Based Violence / Violence Against Women & Girls
• Economic Development, Diversification & Job Skills
• Social Development
• Social Cohesion, Conflict & Insecurity
• Women's Participation In Politics & Leadership
• Youth/Adolescent Development